What Is Equip?
Equip is a new initiative of adult education at Shatin Church to equip our people to know their faith more deeply, to live it out and and share it with others. Those who sign up will go through Moore Theological College’s Preliminary Theological Certificate Programme (PTC) together by a combination of self study and bi-weekly group discussions. These discussions will be led by Pastor Heewoo or Niels.
What Are the Subjects Covered?
Six subjects for PTC are:
- Introduction to the Bible (Bible Overview)
- Old Testament 1 (Pentateuch, OT1)
- New Testament 1 (The Gospel of Mark, NT1)
- Promise to Fulfillment (Biblical Theology)
- Doctrine 1
At Equip, we’ll cover two topics per term. Those who wish to receive the PTC award will need to take the exam at the end of each course.
Next Equip Courses?
When the term has started, we will meet once every two weeks for 1.5 hour discussion. The exact date and time will be determined by those who sign up. The first term has ended, but the second term is about to begin!
- Dates: 1st week of July to early September
- Courses: Introduction to the Bible & Gospel of Mark (NT1)
- Exam Dates: 11-17th of September
- Dates: 1st week of November to early February
- Courses: Promise to Fulfillment + The Pentateuch (OT1)
- Exam Dates: TBD
How Much Does It Cost?
Enrollment for the PTC course is
- $45 AUD per unit for online study option and
- $65 AUD per unit for correspondence study
How Do I Register?
- Please register first with Moore for the appropriate courses. Look for Preliminary Theological Certificate.
- Let us know that you’re coming (email firstname.lastname@example.org, or email@example.com)
Please contact Pauline Chew for more information (firstname.lastname@example.org)