Commitment to Mission
In the light of its beliefs about mission expressed in this Mission Strategy paper, the church commits to:
- evangelism and teaching ministry to the English-speaking people in Hong Kong;
- encouraging its members to be mindful of the unreached especially in the 10/40 window, partnering with the church and the missionaries already there and sending missionaries to the unreached.
- exhorting and encouraging its members to carry out all five marks of mission in every part of their lives, especially in the workplace; and
- partnering with other Christian organizations especially through prayer and giving 15% of its non-designated income to support its mission partners through ‘the World Mission Fund’ (formerly ‘tithed to missions’).
- We value work among the unreached whether in Hong Kong or overseas (especially in the 10/40 window).
- We seek to support all five forms of mission work.
- We seek to support those who have received and discerned their call and have been sent out from Shatin Church.
- We value ministries that equip and train Christian leaders.
- We value partnership with ministries that are church-based or which support the work of local churches.
- We will consider the financial need and integrity of the agency and will value partnership with those for whom our contribution will make a difference.
As of March 2015, our mission partners are:
4. Stand Asia, formerly CSW Hong Kong
5. Clarissa Gafoor at Crossroads
6. Dancalan Christian Church (a church in Philippines)
7. Empower Asia, supporting both Friedrich and Hutton families
8. Generation Ministries (South East Asia)
10. Misha del Favero at YWAM, Perth
12. OMF International
13. Viana family at YWAM, Harbour City, Hong Kong
16. Anja at YWAM, Tuen Mun, Hong Kong