In the light of its beliefs about mission expressed in this Mission Strategy paper, the church commits to:
Evangelism and teaching ministry to the English-speaking people in Hong Kong;
Encouraging its members to be mindful of the unreached especially in the 10/40 window, partnering with the church and the missionaries already there and sending missionaries to the unreached.
Exhorting and encouraging its members to carry out all five marks of mission in every part of their lives, especially in the workplace; and
Partnering with other Christian organizations especially through prayer and giving 15% of its non-designated income to support its mission partners through ‘the World Mission Fund’ (formerly ‘tithed to missions’).
Partnership Selection Criteria
- We value work among the unreached whether in Hong Kong or overseas (especially in the 10/40 window).
- We seek to support all five forms of mission work.
- We seek to support those who have received and discerned their call and have been sent out from Shatin Church.
- We value ministries that equip and train Christian leaders.
- We value the partnership with ministries that are church-based or which support the work of local churches.
- We will consider the financial need and integrity of the agency and will value the partnership with those for whom our contribution will make a difference.
As of February 2022, our mission partners are:
- African Enterprise
- Christian Action – Migrant Domestic Workers
- Stand Asia
- Clarissa Gafoor at Crossroads
- Dancalan Christian Church (a church in the Philippines)
- Empower Asia, supporting both Friedrich and Hutton families
- Generation Ministries (South East Asia)
- Langham Foundation Hong Kong
- Misha del Favero at YWAM, Tasmania
- OMF International
- YWAM, Harbour City, Hong Kong
- Sports Services International
- Anja at YWAM, Tuen Mun, Hong Kong
- Jeremy at Taipei
Mission Trip 2024
We are going to do missions again in Ho Chi Minh City. Information will be posted soon!
To hear more about our Mission Partners, you can come and learn from their different ministries local and abroad. It’s also another way to support them financially as they faithfully laboring in the mission field. Be part of the mission work!