There are many reasons to give but here’s a few:
- We give because everything we own is God’s, and it’s a privilege to give back to him (1 Chronicles 29:14).
- We give because we’ve so richly received from God, including his son Jesus Christ (2 Cor 8:9). We’re exhorted to be generous like him.
- We give as a form of worship to God (Phil 4:18). God graciously accepts our giving as a ‘fragrant sacrifice’ when it’s given in the spirit of thanksgiving.
- We give to further God’s Kingdom (Matt 6:19-21). This is the commission Jesus gave to the church, and why not store our treasure in heaven?
Finance Update 2022
Setting Up Regular Giving
There are two ways to give regularly:
1) By Standing Order (Monthly Bank Transfer)
By this method your bank will transfer your monthly giving to the church account. Please check the details below to set up your regular giving. Once you have set it up, please let us know by emailing the Church Administrator (firstname.lastname@example.org), so that we can keep track accounting and tax purposes.
2) By Monthly Numbered Envelopes
Alternatively, we can provide you with an envelope for each month’s tithes and offerings. These envelopes are numbered and your number is only known to the Treasurer who oversees the accounting and issues tax receipts.* Alternatively your giving can be put in the monthly envelopes and sent to the Church Office. Cheques should be written to “Shatin Anglican Church”. Please contact the Church Administrator if you’d like to request your giving envelopes.
How to Give
Cash or Cheque
Please make cheques payable to ‘Shatin Anglican Church’, and place them in the offertory bags each week. With services currently suspended, you could send them to the church office in Shek Mun.
The transfer should be made to:
Name: Shatin Anglican Church
Bank: HSBC (004) 018-057919-008
Whether it’s a one-off giving or regular, please let the office know that you have given for tax/accounting purposes.
For added convenience, you can give directly via PayMe through our mother church, St Andrew’s. All of these donations go directly to the general fund. N.B., please include the following in your payment message:
“STC” so that the money is credited to Shatin Church (not St Andrew’s)
Your name if you want your giving to be included in your annual receipt for tax deduction purposes.
Use this link to give via Payme. (N.B., there is a 1.2% banking charge for using Payme.)
Online Giving - Paypal
An email receipt will be issued which can be used for tax deduction purpose. (N.B., Depending on the amount of money given online, there is a fee of 2.9% to 3.9% for all Hong Kong giving and 3.4% to 4.4% for all overseas giving)