Who We Are
We are Christian
We are a Christian church formed and sustained by the confession of historical creeds (e.g. Nicene and Apostles), which speak of our belief in God the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
We are evangelical
We are an evangelical church that loves the Bible as God’s inspired and authoritative word. We stand under it and are interpreted by it. We believe that the church is not a holy huddle, but a people commissioned to go out to share the gospel. We believe the heart of this good news to be the finished work of Jesus on the cross as the substitutionary atonement for our sins.
We are Anglican
We are an Anglican church shaped by the practices of the Book of Common Prayer and the Thirty-Nine-Articles with their reminders of the Reformation principles of ‘Christ Alone, Scripture Alone, and Faith Alone.’ We are a daughter church of St. Andrew’s, and a church in the Diocese of Eastern Kowloon.
Growing in Jesus, Sharing Our Lives, Reaching the World
“They devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and to fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer. Everyone was filled with awe at the many wonders and signs performed by the apostles. All the believers were together and had everything in common. They sold property and possessions to give to anyone who had need. Every day they continued to meet together in the temple courts. They broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts, praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people. And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved.”
How we will carry out the vision
“They devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching…” We value Bible learning at the centre of our discipleship
- We put the Bible at the centre of our discipleship, because of Jesus’ commission to baptize and teach his disciples everything he has commanded us (Matthew 28:16-20), and because spiritual maturity comes when the Holy Spirit applies God’s truth in our hearts.
- Our primary way of preaching is expository, proclaiming the good news of Jesus by systematically going through books of the Bible. We also devote ourselves to learning the Bible in all our corporate activities. .
“…to fellowship”. We value building a genuine gospel community.
- We believe that the church is not a building or Sunday meetings, but a fellowship of Chrisitans and the signpost of the renewed creation (Eph 2:19, Acts 2:42).
- We strive to be a church that knows and loves one another. In addition to Sunday fellowship, we prioritize small groups and other meetings where members can speak the truth in love, pray, encourage, forgive, exercise their spiritual gifts, and bear one another’s burdens (Ephesians 4).
- We believe living such godly lives would show the world a preview of God’s coming kingdom and attract them towards it (2 Peter 2:12).
“…to the breaking of bread and to prayer.” We value corporate worship and prayer.
- We believe that corporate worship is a response to having a relationship with God and an end to which Christians are called. It is also a means of grace that leads to godliness.
- We believe the heart of our worship is a response to the grace received in Jesus Christ; and we express our dependence on God’s grace through prayer.
“And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved.” We believe in reaching the world by sharing the gospel in words and by loving our neighbors.
- We believe that the gospel commissions us out to the world to proclaim the good news of Jesus Christ in words and deeds (Matthew 28:16-20).
- We also believe that Jesus’ disciples are to engage with the social, economic, and other structures of the city, seeking the well being of the people in Hong Kong. We are a church that strives to love especially the most vulnerable in the city, thus bearing witness to the fact that the gospel is for all (Gal 3:28).